Wednesday 14 March 2012

14th March - Build Day 3 - Front Calipers and Front Anti Roll Bar

After a couple of busy days at work just did a few things this evening.  Calipers went on very easily following Ian's tip to fit a washer between caliper and hub (no mention in the AG which I guess assumes the calipers come attached to the upright unit).  Pads very simple to fit. Tried fitting the front brake pipes but they're too short (Sean subsequently told me there's been a spate of the wrong pipes being included in wide front track ca kits (Ian's having the same problem with his Supersport build).

Teenage son Dan had his first go with the sockets fitting the anti roll bar.  It was a lot more straightforward than I expected - maybe that's because it's a blue coded roll bar.

Checking out some of the other boxes I discovered that I'm short of a number of hoses and have some duplicates.  A call to Sean to follow up a late night email will hopefully sort....

No comments:

Post a Comment