Sunday 11 March 2012

11th March - Build Day 2 - Finish fitting shocks and uprights.

Parenting duties meant only a couple of hours today. Finished fitting the LHS shock - a bit of a pain getting the bolt to fit through the shock  due to the proximity of the bodywork. 

It's amazing how much of a mess you can make with coppaslip - latex gloves are a must.  Fitted cycle stays and uprights.  the sacrificial nut to locate the top ball joint makes life easier here. Made my first cock-up when I fitted the cycle stays as a replaced the washer when I should have left it off.  Too late in the day to sort (and I'll need to replace the nyloc nuts). 

I'm already seeing the wisdom of taking plenty of time and stopping doing a task when it gets frustrating. Next task to fit brake pipe/calipers. Should I fit the anti roll bar next? Some debate today on BC as to whether or not torque the wishbones now (as per the Assembly Guide) or when it's on its wheels - have gone with the manual because if it needs to be done later then I can release and re tighten but if it's not possible to reach the nuts then at least I know they're tightened.



No comments:

Post a Comment