Monday 16 April 2012

Day 12 - Weds 11th April - Diff Fitted

This was the bit I'd feared.  First of all I prised the flanges off the diff - pretty straightforward - simply leverage off with metal chisel tapped with mallet. Figured out the without theses it would be less of a weight to lift (or drop).

With the help of two of my teenage sons (after inserting the prop shaft we jacked/hoisted the diff into place (tied a rope round it and attached to the rollover bar) fitted the two front bolts and pushed two screwdrivers through the top mount. Then worked out that I needed 3mm each side to centralise the diff. Then tightened the bolts and then tried to fit the big long bolt. Once I fitted the required washers/spacers I really had to hit the big bolt hard to encourage it to move through the location points - but once I worked up the courage to use the hammer in the bolt it was pretty straightforward.

Also fitted the headlights/indicators - just takes a while to feed the five wires through the mounting into the car - had to tightly wrap the sleeve to make it feed through. Oh, and I fitted the handbrake cable (Which has to cross-over and attach the adjuster to the bracket on the diff cage - not the chassis as it indicates in the AG)



No comments:

Post a Comment